Careers with the National Sporting Library & Museum
The NSLM is currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Interested in volunteering? Click here to learn more.
The Visitor Services Associate is the first point of contact for all visitors to the National Sporting Library & Museum. Ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and enjoy interacting with the public. Candidate must be comfortable with greeting visitors, answering questions, and sharing information about NSLM programming, collections, events, and membership. As NSLM educational programming continues to expand, ideal candidate will be eager to assist with tours and programs.
Primary duties include greeting and monitoring all visitors; answering phones; processing book and merchandise sales; daily open and close procedures; and assisting with other administrative tasks as required.
- Greet all visitors and introduce them to the NSLM and current exhibitions. Answer questions related to programming, exhibitions, and collections.
- Process Admission Sales.
- Track and record daily attendance.
- Monitor visitors on security cameras as they proceed through building.
- Complete daily opening and closing procedures for museum building, to include open and close walk-throughs of public spaces.
- Stock brochures, catalogues, giftshop items, and supplies at Front Desk.
- Process Merchandise Sales.
- Answer phones and act as main reception for NSLM campus Wednesday – Sunday.
- Promote programming and encourage all visitors to join NSLM membership.
- Assist processing online giftshop orders.
- Assist with administrative tasks.
Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word required. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred. Previous volunteer or work experience with a non-profit, library, museum, or educational organization preferred but not required. Must be capable of working independently and as part of a team.
Part-time, Fridays & Saturdays, required, 9:45am – 5:15pm. More hours may be available as NSLM moves into the next phase of opening.
Submit cover letter, resume, and two reference names with contact information, via email to info@NationalSporting.org